MONCKS CORNER, S.C.– (Monday, August 10, 2020) – Starting today, Monday, August 10, a NEW schedule goes into effect for four of the Berkeley County Convenience Centers. Prior to the schedule change, all Convenience Centers closed on Wednesdays and Sundays. With the new schedule, four sites will be CLOSED on Thursdays and Sundays while five sites will continue on their current schedule. This will allow more opportunities for citizens to dispose of waste.
The following locations will be closed Wednesdays and Sundays of each week:
• Poplar Hill- 1029 Poplar Hill Road, Ridgeville, 29472
• Pineville- 1818 Hwy. 45, Pineville, 29468
• Savanna Creek- 3663 N. Hwy. 17-A, Bonneau, 29431
• Charity Church- 1430 Charity Church Road, Huger, 29450
• Oakley Road- 606 Oakley Road, Moncks Corner, 29461
The remaining locations will be closed Thursdays and Sundays of each week. They are as follows:
• Ranger Drive- 2163 Ranger Drive, Cross, 29436
• Gravel Hill Road- 1025 Gravel Hill Road, Bonneau, 29431
• Shulerville – 2115 Shulerville Road, Jamestown, 29453
• Alligator Road- 1078 Alligator Road, Cordesville, 29434
Hours for Convenience Centers are from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. The Berkeley County landfill is open 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday- Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, and closed on Sunday.
For more information on locations and hours, please visit https://bcws.berkeleycountysc.gov/recycling/drop-sites/
A valid ID is required at ALL Berkeley County Convenience Centers and IDs will be checked. Berkeley County Convenience Centers are for Berkeley County citizens only, for residential waste only. Commercial waste will not be accepted at Convenience Center locations (Berkeley County Landfill accepts commercial waste).
Residents must show a photo ID, Driver’s License, Passport or Military ID to use Berkeley County convenience centers.
– Prepared by the Berkeley County Public Information Office –