BCWS gladly offers presentations and guided tours of our of landfill, convenience centers, and waste water treatment plants. We can accommodate small or large groups.
What to Expect & Details
- Please allow at least 2-3 hours for your tour. This time may vary depending on crowd participation or if travel is involved (e.g., from the treatment plant to the landfill.)
- We ask that you wear comfortable clothing and shoes – no open toe or heels.
- If needed, proper safety equipment will be given to you at the beginning of the tour (e.g., safety goggles or hard hats).
- If you prefer to cover a specific area in detail, please let us know in advance. We will tailor the tour for you.
- We can only conduct tours during good weather conditions for safety reason. If bad weather arises before or during your tour, we will need to reschedule.
- Tours are available between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Usually our staff comes to you for all presentations.
- Topics include recycling, water conservation and careers as it relates to our organization.
- All presentations usually last about an hour.
- We have videos, handouts and other visuals to accompany our presentations.
- Each presentation is tailored to the overall age group.
- There are no age or group size restrictions.
- Most times, we give out educational and/or promotional material after each presentation.
- We do have packets for the teachers who wish to build a lesson around our presentation.
- We can also set-up an information booth at trade shows, community events and school fairs.
For questions or to schedule a tour/presentation please call us at (843) 572-4400 or you may submit a request here.